MySQL Performance Tuning
Identify and fix replication lag
Understand performance tuning concepts
List factors that affect performance
Use a range of performance tuning tools
Configure and use the Performance Schema
Tune the MySQL server instance
Design a schema for optimal performance
Understand how MySQL optimizes queries
Identify and fix slow queries
Diagnose and resolve common performance issues
What you will learn
This course provides experienced MySQL DBAs with knowledge of how and why server settings affect performance, and when and how to tune them. It teaches students how to monitor their MySQL server and identify areas that impact performance, such as slow queries and replication lag, and how to diagnose and fix these issues.
- Troubleshoot common performance problems.
- Benchmark your MySQL server.
- Tune MySQL server settings.
Investigate performance metrics with a range of system databases, command-line utilities, and graphical tools.
- Design your databases and queries for optimal performance.
- Diagnose and fix replication lag.
Benefits To You
- MySQL is the world’s most popular open source database, and the leading database for web applications. Many of the largest web properties rely on MySQL to cope with huge numbers of concurrent transactions, while maintaining the integrity of their data. As users continue to demand better performance and more functionality from web applications, you need to make sure that your database can keep up. The MySQL Performance Tuning course will teach you how to use the vast array of configuration options, monitoring tools, and techniques employed by MySQL database professionals to keep your applications fast, efficient, and safe.
- After attending this course you will understand performance tuning concepts; be able to benchmark and tune your server; investigate performance metrics with a range of system databases, command-line, and graphical tools; design your schema for optimal performance; identify and optimize slow queries, and troubleshoot common performance problems.
Duration: 4 Days
Familiarity with the mysql command-line client and tools
Knowledge of Linux
MySQL for Database Administrators Ed 4
Suggested Prerequisites: Experience of MySQL Enterprise Monitor, Familiarity with the Performance Schema.
Cloud Database Administrators
MySQL products and professional services
MySQL Cloud Service
MySQL resources on the web
MySQL courses and certification options
Performance Tuning Concepts
Troubleshooting performance issues
Deploying and maintaining MySQL
Performance Tuning Tools
MySQL Monitoring Tools
Oracle DB monitoring tools
Community monitoring tool
What is Performance Schema?
The Instance and Connection Tables
Querying event data
The sys schema
MySQL Workbench performance tools
General Server Tuning
How MySQL uses memory
Calculating maximum MySQL memory usage
Tuning Tables, Files, and Logs
Sizing the table cache
Managing tables and files
Tuning the binary logs
What is InnoDB?
How does InnoDB work?
Tuning InnoDB buffer pool and log files
Measuring InnoDB performance
Optimizing Your Schema
Schema design considerations
InnoDB table compression
Identifying candidate queries for optimization
Statement status variables
Performance Schema and sys
How the optimizer works
Understanding the query plan
Optimizing Locking Operations
How MySQL locking works
InnoDB lock types
Viewing lock information with SQL statements
Investigating locks by querying system databases
Understanding replication lag
Diagnosing replication lag
Resolving replication lag
Course Goals Recap
MySQL Training at Oracle University
Training and Certification Website
Para saber mais sobre os treinamentos, certificações e soluções de TI da SoftSell, entre em contato com a gente.
É só escolher o seu canal preferido e aguardar breve resposta em horário comercial:
Demais localidades: 4007.2186
WhatsApp : 41 98754.3534
Email: [email protected]
Rua Emiliano Perneta, 680 – 9º Andar
Centro – Curitiba – Paraná – 80420-080